Stop! In the name of Love and Listen to 2017’s Best Love Songs

Look for love no further, you’ll find enough romance in this steamy playlist of 2017’s best love songs. Whether you’re going out for a single’s night or bringing a date home, here’s a setlist of four hits to bump a little louder this week.

“LOVE. FEAT. ZACARI” –Kendrick Lamar
On his critically acclaimed and Grammy winning album “DAMN.”, Kendrick Lamar shows that not even rap royalty can escape the feeling of love and intimacy. Engaged to his high school sweetheart, Whitney Alford, this track expresses his commitment to his one and only with lines like, “only for life/You’re a homie for life” and “Just love me/ I wanna be with you”.

“Babygirl (feat. Uffie)” – Charli XCX

This next track feels like a blast from the past with its 80’s bubblegum pop synth beat. With a fairly straightforward meaning, Charli sings about a crush she has been fantasizing about, “Let me live inside your world/ More than a fantasy/Let me be your baby girl.” Not to mention, the track has such an infectious chorus.

“Baybee” – Jay Som

With a more subdued, bedroom pop sound, Jay Som’s “Baybee” from her debut album, Everybody Works, expresses a hardship with a loved one, “If I leave you alone/When you don’t feel right/I know we’ll sink for sure/ I’ll play your game once more.” Her dreamy vocals contribute a subtle and sweet element to the piece.

“Say Something Loving” – The xx

After a five-year hiatus, The xx came back in 2017 with their album I see you. In their track “Say Something Loving”, the group outlines the experience of finding real love after a period full of failed relationships. With lines like, “It’s so overwhelming, the thrill of affection/Feels so unfamiliar/You say something loving/Without hesitation it hits me,” the lyrics express the thrill of being infatuated with someone new.

“3WW” – Alt-J

On their newest album, RELAXER, Alt-J opens with “3WW”, a soft and meditative tune that discusses the three worn words (I love you). While the lyrics start by taking the listener on a journey of a young person’s casual sexual encounter the night before, the sensual undertones of the song shift to show a change of heart and a lust for love, “Oh, these three worn words/ Oh, that we whisper/Like the rubbing hands/Of tourists in Verona.”