MEN’S WEEK IN REVIEW

MEN’S WEEK IN REVIEW

Baseball

The Redhawks started off their week at home against the University of Portland on Tuesday. The teams started the day by completing a game that had initially started in Portland last week, but were halted due to weather.

In its entirety, the game took over four hours to complete.

The Redhawks put up a good fight, starting the day with a 13-12 lead. However, they were unable to hold on and lost the game 14-16. After completing the halted match, the Redhawks pressed on against the Pilots for a second game.

The Redhawks took a strong lead with 3-0 in the bottom of the second inning and First-year pitcher Desmond Parisotto was able to toss five complete scoreless innings.

Unfortunately, the relief pitchers were unable to hold the lead as the Pilots came back with four runs of their own to secure a 4-3 lead.

The Redhawks briefly tied things up, but the Pilots’ offense could not be stopped and handed Seattle U an 8-4 loss.

The Redhawks destroyed California Baptist on Thursday with an 11-1 victory and set a season high of 17 hits.

Sophomore pitcher Jarrod Billig allowed the Lancers only three hits and a single run in 6.2 innings while Freshman pitcher Max Cuenca allowed only one hit in the remaining 1.1 innings.

Sophomore Connor O’Brien and Junior Chase Wells were each able to collect three hits.

The Redhawks faced California Baptist once again Sunday.

The match was a back and forth struggle for both teams, though ultimately the win went to the Lancers with a score of 10-12. Following these games, Seattle University Head Coach Donny Harrell took to Twitter to show his pride for his team.

Golf

The Redhawks put on a great show on Monday and Tuesday at the annual Seattle U Invitational in Tacoma.

UCLA eventually brought home the team title after shooting 37 under par. They were also able to take home the player’s title as Hidetoshi Yoshihara scored 13-under 200.

The Redhawks were able to secure a tie for 10th place out of 18 teams with five players.

First-year Nathan Cogswell was the star of the team as he tied for seventh place out of 102 total competitors with an outstanding seven under par.

The Redhawks will compete in the Western Athletic Conference Men’s Golf Championship in Lakewood, Washington on April 27-29.

Kristen may be reached at