Women’s Week In Review

Womens Week In Review

Women’s Basketball

Seattle University Women’s Basketball closed out their regular season with a road sweep of California State University Bakersfield (CSUB) and Grand Canyon University (GCU) putting their overall season record at 3-26.

The Redhawks started their weekend off against CSUB on March 7 where they came out on top with a 68-58 win.

Senior Guard Madeline Dopplick and First-year Guard Courtney Murphy scored 16 points each while Junior Post Joana Alves followed close behind with 14 points. Murphy and Alves both grabbed seven rebounds individually.

For the last game of the road trip and regular season, Seattle U traveled to GCU to finish off their weekend with a dominating 70-55 victory against the Lopes.

Junior Guard Kamira Sanders added 15 points. Alves followed with 14 points.

Murphy was awarded Western Athletic Conference (WAC) player of the week honors for her standout performance on the road, totaling 26 points against CSUB and GCU.

The Redhawks will travel to Las Vegas, Nevada for the WAC tournament from March 13-16, where they’ll take on number two seed University of Texas Rio Grande Valley.

Women’s Tennis

Seattle U started off their weekend by completing a 7-0 sweep of George Fox University at the Amy Yee Tennis Center in Seattle, Washington.

Sophomore Hannah Gianan started the day off with a 6-0, 6-0 victory. First-year Alisa Sabotic earned herself a 6-1, 6-1 win. First-year Jillian Rasmussen added another perfect game with a 6-0, 6-0. Junior Kali McCollister continued the day with a 6-0, 6-1 match victory. Sophomore Kyra Jung earned herself a 6-0, 6-1 victory. Finishing things off for the Redhawks was Senior Lily-Ana Kreutzer with a 6-0, 6-0 sweep.

The Redhawks finished their weekend at Jupiter Tennis Center as they took on the University of Idaho on March 10. The Redhawks, were unsuccessful, falling 4-1 to the Vandals.

The Redhawk’s only point of the day came from Kreutzer as the Vandals were short on players, and had to forfeit a match.

The Redhawks are back at Jupiter Tennis Center March 13, to take on New Mexico State University at 8:30 a.m.

Softball

The Seattle U softball team stayed in the Emerald City this weekend for the Husky Classic, hosted by the University of Washington.

Seattle U started their weekend with a cancellation against Idaho State University due to rain conditions. Later on in the day, the team played Ohio State University (OSU) where the Redhawks fell short as the Buckeyes pulled away in extra innings with a 6-4 victory.

The Redhawks redeemed themselves the next day as they took on OSU and Northern Illinois University (NIU) on March 9. The team earned themselves a redemption 3-0 victory against OSU. Later in the day, the Redhawks earned themselves another win, this time 4-3 against NIU.

Seattle U finished their weekend facing off against number six University of Washington (UW). The Huskies barely squeezed their way past the Redhawks with a 1-0 win. Redshirt Sophomore Pitcher Carley Nance held the Huskies scoreless during 5.1 innings before being relieved.

Caylah may be reached at