Warriors, Cavs Rolling in NBA Playoffs

David Richard-USA TODAY Sports
PHOTO VIA DAVID RICHARD, USA TODAY

The NBA Playoffs usually bring out some of the best, competitive basketball of the year, but this postseason has been a little different.

PHOTO VIA DAVID RICHARD, USA TODAY
PHOTO VIA DAVID RICHARD, USA TODAY

Lebron James takes a jump shot over Norman Powell.

Out of the 10 series that have been completed so far, there have been four sweeps, and just one of them has gone to seven games. The average point differential per game is higher than it has been in 10 years. Even with the series that have been better, it feels like every game is a blowout. The Cavaliers and Warriors have yet to lose a game, seemingly on a collision course for their third consecutive NBA Finals matchup.

The Cavs easily dispatched the Raptors in four straight games, and only one of them was close. Lebron James has been playing out of his mind so far. He has shown no signs of slowing down at the age of 32, scoring the second most points in the first eight games of the playoffs in NBA history. They will face the winner of the Wizards-Celtics series.

The Warriors easily took care of the Jazz on their way to a sweep. With Kevin Durant back, they look unstoppable with the ability to beat their opponents so many ways. They have arguably the three best shooters in the league in Durant, Steph Curry and Klay Thompson. They play the winner of the Rockets-Spurs series. The two current series taking place hold some hope for excitement, as both are tied 2-2 and have become a best of three series.

The Celtics are taking on the Wizards in a battle of start point guards. Isaiah Thomas was one of the best players all season long, and has taken it to another level in the playoffs, dropping 53 points in the second game of the series. But John Wall took center stage as the series shifted to Washington, and he used his speed and passing abilities to tie up the series.

The Rockets take on the Spurs, trying to make it to the Western Conference Finals. This series pits two MVP candidates, James Harden and Kawhi Leonard, against each other. These two had some memorable moments during the regular season, and their team’s respective seasons rely on them. Look for the Rockets to take the series on the back of some hot three-point shooting.