Asking for a Friend: Carlos on Sleeping, Tacos, and Rejection

Carlos is the better Uncle you never had.

Q:

I haven’t been able to sleep for the past six months… WHAT DO I DO? I need sleep.

A:

If you drink a lot of caffeine I would try to stop, at least for a while, or only have caffeinated drinks early in the day. Think about reasons you might be staying up late. Have a lot homework you could have done earlier? Stay up all night watching Netflix? Drink caffeine at 1 a.m. for no reason? Maybe don’t. Try prioritizing everything you want to get done so you get it done and over with early and don’t have force yourself to stay up all night. Exercise also helps me get rest and even makes me feel like a health idol, so try that too!

Q:

Asking for a friend, will you be my belated valentine?

A:

Yes! Of course, I’ll be expecting my half-off chocolates.

Q:

I always get tacos at the bistro and I’m starting to get bored. What’s the next best thing to get?

A:

I usually get the taco salads with chips and guac when I’m not really feeling the tacos. Try cycling through the menu to spice things up (pun intended) but if you still want tacos, try getting them with a different protein of the week.

Q:

Should I feel pressured to reply to someone if they ask me out? Should I feel bad if I say no?

A:

Nope! It might be common courtesy to at least respond with some sort of reply, but I don’t think it is necessary. Don’t feel bad at all either. You made a decision and it was probably for a reason, so trust yourself and stick with that.

XOXO Uncle Carlos

Visit www.su-askingforafriend.tumblr.com to submit a question.