The 12 Yard Line

Here we are. It’s the NFL playoffs, the most exciting time of the season.

The Seahawks wrapped up the regular season in impressive fashion, winning their final six games by allowing their opponents only a total of
39 points.

They clinched the number one seed and home-field advantage throughout the playoffs. After several initial weeks of looking like the team had lost their spark, they got it back and are getting closer to becoming the first team in 10 years to win back-to-back
Super Bowls.

The Divisional Round of the playoffs this weekend had some riveting games. Seattle defeated the Carolina Panthers 31-17 on Saturday night with incredible performances by Russell Wilson and Kam Chancellor on the offensive and defensive sides of the ball, respectively. Carolina was the second team in NFL history to make the playoffs with a losing record and win their first playoff game; the other was the Seahawks in 2010.

Over in AFC news, the Patriots defeated the Ravens in a nail-biter match and will go on to face the Colts—who managed to pull a victory on the Broncos—in the championships
next weekend.

Next week’s championship games should be exciting to watch. Ever-improving Russell Wilson and the Seahawks will fight torn-calf Aaron Rodgers and the Packers for the right to play in the Super Bowl. These teams faced off in Week 1 of the season and the Seahawks won the game by 20 points. But a lot has changed over the course of the year and the game has the makings of an
epic showdown.

After that game concludes, the New England Patriots will host the Indianapolis Colts in a game that features a future hall-of-fame quarterback Tom Brady against one of the best young quarterbacks in football,
Andrew Luck.

The winners of each game will face off in Arizona on Feb. 1 in Super Bowl XLIX.