The 12 Yard Line

Well, that sure was a disappointment on Sunday. The Seahawks were at home, where they almost never lose, and were playing a team that had one of the worst defenses in football last year. Almost everyone thought the Seahawks would walk away with the victory, but instead it was the Cowboys leaving Seattle in triumph. I have to give credit to Dallas; this year they have played some great football. They have the number one running back in the league with DeMarco Murray, their defense has completely turned things around from last year, and they currently are tied for the best NFL record at 5-1.

To be completely honest, the Seahawks just didn’t have a good game. The offense was on the field for almost half the time that Dallas had the ball, and they barely eclipsed 200 yards­—a dismal performance. Wilson also had arguably the worst game of his career, completing only 50 percent of his passes and throwing an interception to seal the win for the Cowboys. It was also the first time this season Wilson didn’t throw for a touchdown, but he did run for a score.

The Seahawks now hold a 3-2 record and find themselves in third place in the NFC West behind the Arizona Cardinals and the San Francisco 49ers. In order to get back to the championship caliber of play we saw last year, Seattle will need to turn things around.

This week, the team is headed for St. Louis for a game that will start at 10 a.m. PST. It is the first game that the Seahawks will play against a division rival this season. The NFC West is one of the best divisions in football, and Seattle will need to win these games to have a shot at winning the division for the second straight year. With the Rams missing their starting quarterback and holding a 1-4 record, I think the Seahawks should be able to get the job done.

Score prediction: Seattle 28 St. Louis 6.

Harrison may be reached at [email protected]