The Grace Space: How to Make the Best of Your Final Weeks at Seattle U

Spring and summer are awesome, and should be times to relax. Yet, with finals approaching, job applications piling up, and you crying over student loans, these last few weeks of college may be causing you to pull your hair out in clumps (don’t do that).

Instead of worrying too much, why not enjoy some of the end of the school year events that will take your mind off your worries? Trust me, free food and fun will always beat reading Russian literature or finishing that last set of Business Calc problems. So, put that pencil down, take a look at the list below, and breathe! Remember, everything will work out!

1) Check out some awesome photography!
    As of now, both the Imagining the World Photo Competition Exhibition and the BFA Photography Show are on display on campus. Celebrate the beauty of the world and the messages that these students captured both abroad and here in Seattle to give your mind a breather.

Imagining the World Photo Competition Exhibition, Kinsey Gallery until May 29
    BFA Photography Show, Vachon Gallery until June 13

2) Nom for free!
    A lot of the student and campus organizations know how to get students to come to events: with free and delicious food! If you are a graduating senior, the Senior BBQ is basically your haven, allowing you to get a tasty lunch (even if you are a vegetarian), get some quick tips for your transition into the real world, and play some games with your fellow worry-warts. Plus, there’s a chance to even win free money! Who could pass that up?

Senior BBQ, Tuesday, May 27, STCN 160, 12 to 2 p.m.

3) Get some puppy love!
    You know what cheers up college students like no other? Puppies! This week, head on over to STCN 160 for this school year’s last Destress with Dogs, where dogs big and small will be at your service for petting, loving and giving you kisses. It’s a known fact that puppy kisses are like magic, so why miss out?

Destress with Dogs, Thursday, May 29, STCN 160, 1 to 3 p.m.

4) Make some crafts!
    When I was younger, I was taught that candle making is an incredibly relaxing experience (weird, I know). But, you know what’s even more relaxing and fun? Tie-dying! Bring your white/cotton clothing to Connolly Center this Friday to partake in that childhood tradition you love so much. Plus, this event will help you brighten up your clothing for those hot and sunny summer months!

Outdoor Skills Session: Tie Dye, Friday, May 30, Connolly Center, 4 to 5 p.m.

5) Get some exercise!
    Releasing endorphins through exercise will help you to stray your focus away from your finals. If the fitness center isn’t your scene, why not hope on your bike? OAR is hosting a Babes on Bikes ride this Saturday along Alki Beach, inviting all who identify as women! Plus, you get to visit a diner after—how adorable is that?

Babes on Bikes, Alki Beach, Saturday, May 31, 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.

Good luck in Week 9 everyone! We’re almost there!