So Long Seattle U! A Generation of Spectator Editors Say Goodbye 

The late sunsets stretching out against the Seattle sky can only signal one thing: the arrival of summer, which means the end of the academic year. As Seattle University fourth-years prepare for graduation and their future careers, the Spectator’s senior editors gear up for their respective next steps.

Emma Ferguson, Arts & Entertainment Editor

Ferguson joined the Editorial Board halfway through the year and has valiantly lead the A&E section ever since. She is, in her own words, jumping into the deep end of adulting with a Producer in Residence position with KREM2. In a few short weeks she will be heading to Spokane, Washington, and hopes to test the waters in broadcast journalism.

Ashley Hagar, Managing Editor

Hagar has done outstanding work with both The Spectator and the Seattle U track & field team in the past years. As an environmental studies and communications & media double major, she hopes to pursue both of her passions coterminously in an effort to raise awareness and educate others about climate action and environmental issues. She is looking forward to staying in Seattle post-grad and hopes to travel in the future.

Kali Herbst Minino, Copy Chief and Investigative Editor

Herbst Minino is going to continue writing for the Capitol Hill Seattle Blog as a freelance writer. They describe their work with CHS as the dream scenario, being able to pursue their long-time passion of community news. They will be looking to continue a journalism degree in the fall. 

Jake Nelson, Director of Photography

Nelson has not only worked with The Spectator for three years, but is a prolific photographer himself. He is looking forward to tabling at the PCNW Zine Fair this summer and also hopes to find a farm to work on. He hopes to visit Alaska in the future, the only state he hasn’t been to.

McKenna White, News Editor

White, who joined the Editorial Board this year as a News Editor, is looking forward to a new chapter of her educational journey with Seattle U Law School. She will be staying with both The Spectator and the Seattle U track & field team in the coming years. She is looking forward to working with Seattle free-meal program HungerCorp this summer.

Andru Zodrow, Editor-in-Chief 

Zodrow, who has been at The Spectator since the first week of his freshman year, is leaving a legacy of servant leadership. After graduating with a political science and theology & religious studies double degree with honors distinction, he feels incredibly blessed to be spending the next two years as a novice in the Society of Jesus, a religious order that has formed him as a person. He hopes to eventually continue working as a journalist covering developments in Catholic leadership, queer rights and the intersection between the two.

The Spectator is grateful for the continued readership of the Seattle U community. Thank you for another great year!