Time-Out Session: Seniors Lindsay David and Alyssa Reuble

MANDY RUSCH • THE SPECTATOR

With the Redhawks softball team taking on the Western Athletic Conference (WAC) tournament, the seniors are well into the last games of their college career. Pitchers Lindsay Davis and Alyssa Reuble shared their stories and the lessons they learned from being on the team.

EMILY MOZZONE • THE SPECTATOR
EMILY MOZZONE • THE SPECTATOR

Q: What are your thoughts about your softball experience as it comes to a close?

Davis: My thoughts about softball now that it’s almost over is to just focus on having fun, enjoying the time I have left with my teammates, and going all out to win the WAC.

Reuble: My thoughts about softball as it comes to an end is that I’m so thankful for everything this sport has given me. All the opportunities, places and peoples I’ve interacted with and met has shaped me into the individual I am today.

Q: What would you say was your biggest area of growth? What have you learned about yourself from being on the team?

Davis: I would say the biggest area of growth for me by being on the team is being determined in every aspect of my life. There are a lot of responsibilities that come with being a student- athlete, and after four years I feel I have gained more passion and determination to help me succeed in various aspects of my life going forward.

Reuble: My biggest area of growth is developing into a stronger leader and gaining better listening skills

Q: What is one of your favorite memories of being on the team?

Davis: My favorite memories from being on the team are the road trips. Everyone just has fun and gets a little closer together when traveling, especially rooming with one other person you really get to know that person better.

Reuble: There are so many memories but one of my favorites was from this year when we beat Grand Canyon after playing 12 innings.

Q: What does this last WAC tournament mean to you?

Davis: I feel the whole team is in a really good place right now, physically and mentally. We have worked hard all year and everyone is so determined to prove to the WAC that we can win. In terms of my last games of my college career, if we do not move on, I want to go out knowing I gave it all I had whether that is out on the field or cheering on my teammates. I don’t want to end my last games with any regrets.

Reuble: Hopefully the WAC tournament isn’t the end for me! But this games mean everything to me. This is all of our hard work, time and dedication we’ve put into this season and for me my whole life. I want nothing more than to come out strong and play the best softball I possibly can.

Q: What are your plans for the future?

Davis: For the future, I plan on going through the law enforcement academy, after taking a few months off of course!

Reuble: In the future I am planning on working at a law firm particularly in the field of immigration. I also plan on going back to law school at some point.

Carlos may be reached at