Letter From the Sports Editor

Hello, everybody. My name is AJ Schofield and I am the new sports editor here at the Spectator. I want to take this opportunity to go into detail about some of the things you will be seeing in the sports section this year.

For starters, I want everything to be much more time relevant to you, the readers. What do I mean by that? Well, instead of reading about a game that happened a week ago, our goal is to give you recaps of the most recent games. That means a lot of late nights in the office for us writers, but it will ensure that you get the most time relevant information. Sports news can move quickly, and we intend to deliver the news to you as quickly and timely as possible.

Something else to look for this year will be game-previews. Athletics can be a big part of the college experience, however, I’ve noticed that attendance isn’t always great at some of the events. I believe that by previewing games, it may expose some of you to events you may not have previously thought about.

I also plan on having a section devoted to box scores coming in the near future. This will give you a chance to see all the scores from the previous week in one place, without having to go online and check out each teams website.

I will be the first to admit that I am new at this and that there will be a bit of a learning curve involved. However, I am committed to giving you the news that you want to see, when you want to see it.

I welcome your feedback and suggestions. If there is something specific you would like to see, you can email me your suggestions and I will take them into consideration. I can be reached at [email protected]

Thank you,
AJ Schofield