Baseball Drops Third Straight Series

The Seattle University baseball team lost its third straight WAC series over the weekend, winning just one game during the three game series against Grand Canyon.

Sunday featured an explosion of offense from both teams, with 41 hits and 23 runs scored between the two teams. Grand Canyon led by a score of 11-8 heading into the top half of the ninth inning. Seattle was able to close the gap thanks to a two RBI single by Jack Reisinger. Grant Newton was able to tie the game with an RBI single by senior Grant Newton.

The Redhawks (23-23, 14-7 WAC) fell to the WAC leading GCU Antelopes (28-20, 15-5 WAC) despite the late rally. The Antelopes were able to outlast the Redhawks offense, winning by a final score of 13-11 in a game that lasted 13 innings thanks to a walk off two out, two run home run.

One bright spot for the Redhawks coming out of the weekend was the performance given by junior pitcher Skyler Genger who retired the first 14 batters he faced Saturday, helping Seattle top Grand Canyon 3-2. Genger allowed just one hit through seven and one third innings, striking out eight batters.

After winning five series in a row, Seattle U has now lost their last three. They currently sit in third place in the WAC, with just two series left in conference play. The Redhawks will host Chicago State (11-35-1, 5-15-1 WAC) this weekend.