The Grace SpaceK How to Have the Best Spring Break

Although finals week is still coming up at a rapid pace, let’s move past those ridiculous exams and essays and move to what we’re all looking forward to: spring break. Spring break can mean a variety of things for a variety of people and I have complied a list that I hope represents many aspects for you all. Whether that be snowboarding or nomming on Cheetos, get excited for that week of freedom after a few weeks of torture—and list your other recommendations in the comments! Have fun!

1. Catch up on that T.V. show/watch that movie you wanted to see

With a ton of shows either returning in the last month or starting their season, there is a LOT to catch up on. Whether that be “The Walking Dead” or “RuPaul’s Drag Race,” go to town and have a fiesta–with snacks and pajamas included, of course. If you’re more interested in seeing that recent Oscar-nominated feature—either Best Picture winner “12 Years A Slave” or the charmer of “Frozen,” head on over to the local theater and celebrate the movie industry. Plus, movie theater popcorn is delicious—seriously, who can resist?

2. Try out that new restaurant

Remember how excited everyone was in regard to “Lost Lake” opening last April? Well, as of now, there are a ton of other restaurants opening up or just recently opened. If you’re 21 or over, head over to Nacho Borracho for some avocado margaritas; if you’re in the mood for a sweet treat, head over to Hello Robin. There are a lot of options out there, heck, why not try them all? Even if you don’t have a ton of money to spend, look up new food carts to the area and see what tasty treats you can get for less than $10.

3. Pick a local town to drive to

For those lucky enough to have cars, meet up with some friends, pick a random place on a map and make a day trip out of it. From the Fremont Troll to Bloedel Reserve, there are a ton of things to do outside of Seattle; go explore and make the most of your time in the area! Even if you’re not interested in the more local areas, turn into a complete tourist somewhere else—perhaps Forks or Portland? I recommend the latter, but I do think visiting Forks would just be an overall hilarious experience.

4. Get a head start on homework

Okay, so this is probably not the most popular option, but trust me, getting a head start may save your a** in the long run. If you have to read “Sense and Sensibility” in three days, why not read it in advance? Or hell, knock out some of those physics practice problems to show up your classmates even on the first day. You never know how much an extra week can help you out in the future—take advantage of your veg time by creating a good schedule in advance to get ’em A’s.

5. Blow all your money and go to Vegas

Seriously, what a great idea for college students.