Bows Before Bros: A Scoop of Fashion

So what’s up in the world of fashion?

Bows Before Bros will keep you updated.

Read on for your first scoop of fashion below:

1. Mickey Mouse & Co. Collection at Forever 21

The mouse is in the house with a limited edition collection of clothes and accessories available at Forever 21. The partnership between Disney and Forever 21 is a throwback to the 1948 Mickey Mouse archives, which translates into bold tees, bright graphics, comfy sweaters and standout denim that show off perhaps the most lovable mouse of all time.

These are by no means kiddish clothing–but they might give you the nostalgic feel of watching Mickey Mouse cartoons as a child, and you might catch yourself reminiscing of the days of watching Disney.

Check out the promo video below of model Jasmine Sanders showing off the collection.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1i_FqsNgII

2. Seattle plus-size model makes cover of ELLE Spain

Seattle born Tara Lynn, a plus-size model, made the November cover of ELLE Spain. The headline on the cover is “Mujer Real,” meaning “Real Women.” Lynn is featured in a seven-page spread editorial inside.

Not only is Lynn changing the fashion industry’s standards of beauty, but she also encourages other women to love the body they have. Although, she knows it’s something that’s easier said than done. She learned to accept her body as she grew up and when she did, she pursued modeling. As a result, she began a movement and has since been featured in editorials and fronted H&M’s 2012 spring plus-size swimwear line called “Big is Beautiful.”

Check out the cover and exclusive interview.

We need more bold women like this.
You go, Tara Lynn.

3. Abercrombie & Fitch extending clothing line to plus-size consumers

A&F CEO Mike Jeffries received a lot of heat since remarking on the exclusivity of his American brand. He never planned on making plus-size clothing because he didn’t want overweight people wearing his clothing, saying A&F targeted only the “cool kids.”

In what looks like to be a way to make amends to the backlash received by customers and other third parties, A&F is going to launch plus-size clothing and shoes to appeal to more people.

Though I doubt that will make those who turned against him, love him again.